Findon PS Year 3 & 4 Camp Blog
On Monday the 29th of May, 83 years 3 and 4 from Findon Primary School made their way to The Summit. The anticipation for camp was electrifying among all of you and we couldn’t wait to get into what were an epic 3 days!
Day 1 started off by meeting all 6 coaches that guided you through your camp experience. Your coaches were Logan, Adam, Lina, Sunny, Yves, and Sophie. You also became familiar with our Five Keys and if used, would make camp go from good to GREAT!
The Five Keys were:
1. Have Fun
2. Play All In
3. Make Lots of Mistakes
4. Get Comfortable Being Uncomfortable
5. Don’t Go Home Wondering What If
You then got split into your tribes and began your first 2 activities. Your activities throughout your Summit camp journey were:
- The Cave, moving through an epic small underground tunnel with no light to give hope and no sounds to comfort, challenging our fear of the unknown and conquering them when we realize that nothing uncomfortable lasts forever and perseverance conquers all.
- Rock Wall, the ultimate challenge of physical and mental strength, testing your will to keep climbing up through fear.
- Flying Fox, a fast and furious journey across the entire park flying through the air enjoying the spotlight. Shoutout to Shelby for facing your fears and conquering them!
- Tash’s Ladder, scaling up our big tower to then lean over nothing but a ladder at the very top!
- Scavenger Hunt, unleashing your competitiveness to see who could complete the most challenges as a whole tribe in the given time.
- Inflatables, breaking up some of the action and focusing on just having fun! Shoutout to Lexi for crushing the inflatable course!
Having participated in 2 of all the activities for day 1 we concluded the day with some free time. Your chance to use our Volleyball court, Basketball court, playground, and many types of sports equipment. Lastly, after dinner, you all played an intense game of Minute to Win It, how cool! What an EPIC way to begin camp, although this was just the beginning of what was an experience like no other!
After a delicious breakfast day 2 was underway! We began the day with an intentions session with Sunny, getting us thinking about who we wanted to BE for the day and making a choice. “There are people who dance in the rain, and then there are people who just get wet”. We then got straight into the park to get stuck into your 3 activities for the morning. What an epic morning it was! Full of excitement, joy, and facing your fears. Every single one of you was playing and having fun every second and it was truly a sight to see!
You all then got to come together and have fun engaging in your choice of 3 epic activities. Whether it was unleashing your competitive spirit and dominating in a game of Gumboot Bowling, or remaining the last one standing in a game of GaGa Ball. Although, I think the activity that stole the show was the group dance party getting your Macarena or NutBush dance moves out. Shoutout to Daniel for the epic dance moves! To conclude what was already an action-packed day you all participated in our famous Monster Course! Making your way through a mud run obstacle course linked with the team to achieve a closer connection to your fellow peers and teammates. Each obstacle tests your physical and mental resilience.
Day 3 was already in our sights! We started the day with a gratitude session from Logan. Our gratitude session encouraged us to reflect on the things that we have in our lives. To appreciate the little things and to acknowledge the power of words, especially all the amazing GMICs you wrote. “Gratitude affects your attitude and in turn, affects your altitude”. On this last day, we only had 2 more activities until the buses came to pick you up and take you back to school. Your last two activities concluded camp here at The Summit with a bang! You then got a chance to vote for someone in your group who stood up and stood out throughout the 3 days, the person in the team who best demonstrated the 5 keys. Congrats to Elijah, Issac, Shelby, Adrian, Juliette, and Lexi D for being your group's values winners.
Thank you Findon Primary School for playing all in and achieving incredible things!
Keep Unleashing Your Greatness!